Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Dia da Troca



 A couple of times a year we have dia da troca, we get together to swop produce we have an excess of in our garden, or home crafts.  It is absolutely wonderful, you never know what will be there.  Yesterday was the first time that someone brought 2 pigeons.

I seem to go with a bag of goodies and come back with a bulging bag of devine produce.

Lets see, I took some bottles of kefir, grape jam, small bottle marmalade, tobacco seeds, rosemary, lemongrass, sage and eggs from my chooks. I returned with a tea towel that had been crocheted round the edge, celery, two bags of sour oranges (not sure what they call them here) in Faial they use them to marinade fish and clean the intestines of the pig when making linguiça but the lady who gave them to me, makes a great cordial with these beauties. The juice from these sour oranges is cooked up with a certain quantity of sugar, then bottled to be used as and when you like.
 Carrying on, I got a coffee plant, laurel and tamarillo plant (love them) cant wait for their fruit. Some okra and pumpkin seeds, oh and organic toilet cleaner. I mean really how does life get better than this!!

The day was gorgeous, warm sun , no wind and everyone was just so happy to see one another. I left with a super full feeling from a magical day.

Look up www.biclaapedal.com this lady had created wonderful products with up-cycled materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment