Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Make your own cordial

I had two bags of the sour oranges (I will get their proper name) from the dia da troca but what was I going to do with them, definitely not clean pigs intestines, nor did I have fishes to feed the masses that I needed a marinade of that quantity, so instead I made Veronica's cordial.
You take 1litre of the freshly squeezed juice and 500g sugar. You place both ingredients in a pot on the stove and bring it to the boil, then allow it to simmer for approx 15 mins. While that is simmering away, sterilise some bottles you would like to store them in. Once the juice has cooked for 15 min pour into sterilised jars and cap.
Perfect for summer - pour a little into a glass and top with cold water, super refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment