Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Every day is a gift

After enjoying a cozy lie in, our day was blessed with sunshine and two happy cats, and an urge for me to take a long walk. I reckon we should act on our urges first then get to the chores but knowing myself I felt I might have kept on walking and as I was going to a baby shower later on there were a couple of things I needed to do first, I felt I was racing against the clock to get them done as I did not want to miss a moment outside.

Nath was happy to continue with a project in the workshop, so I set off with my empty honey jar, hoping to get a refill. I walked from Praia do Norte to Ribera Funda, which is about 2km, it felt so good and the air in the azores is the cleanest. I could not seem to inhale enough of it and this fueled me on. My first stop was the honey lady but no one was around, so I left the jar round the back and carried on to see if Bernhard might be home as it was his birthday. It was strange to find him home on such a gorgeous day, never the less we had a cuppa tea, then took a walk together to see if the honey lady had returned. Doce de Mel Maria was home and had honey. I was a bit doubtful we would get any as last year, it was too cold.

Walking home brought to me all the things I had to be grateful for and all the gifts we had received today. Feeling so chuffed with my honey under one arm, a pot of Bernhards homemade jam under the other and a gorgeous big lemon from his tree. Now how can life get any better than this??
I still had the baby shower to look forward to, a first for me in the Azores.

 Everyone brought a dish to share and everyone gifted money, which went to purchasing, the "big stuff"
Getting kitted out is not cheap and they were so appreciative for everything. So they too enjoyed a gifted day:)

No comments:

Post a Comment